2.1.08

(Golden Gate bridge in San Francisco, taken by moi!)

Inspiration can be seen in bridges. What a better analogy of "standing in the gap" then an image of a bridge. What does it really mean to stand in the gap? I ponder this thought lately, as I feel surrounded by circumstances that have really become opportunities to do just that. I work in a field that daily I am challenged to do just this. I am in a community where doing life together finds this a natural occurance. Yet, the natural association of standing in the gap constitutes prayer, it also requires action. That action is sometimes doing something, and other times it is doing nothing.

I find a growing inner awareness of this longing to be a bridge, to be one who stands in the gap, to offer what and who I am as an extension to something more. My words fall short this evening as I try to communicate this new longing...

No comments: