1.7.06



Do you ever feel bombarded with images? Do you ever feel bombarded with pressures to consume more? Everywhere one turns it feels like someone is trying to sell you something? The simplicity of nothing entices me, and yet the reality of joy of toys also tempt me. To live in a need versus want lifestyle is hard. How did Ghandi ever live as he did? The extremist he is inspires me.



It's summertime here! The weather is crazy, one minute it's stinkin' hot and then the next it's literally hailing, then moments later sunny again. haha. Strange to think it's July 1st already. Wow, where has all the time gone. July will be busy for me with a trip back to Saskatchewan to see my sister get married and then followed shortly after with a trip to B.C.

4 comments:

Greg Roberts said...

Glad to hear things are going swell.

Jen said...

Have fun at the wedding! Dance the Chicken Dance for me. We should hook up sometime this summer once I get my world in order a bit. I'll be in Gbourg, chez my parents for the summer...then, God only knows. Literally. : ) Loving it!
Jen

Jen said...

Me again...I heard about this new magazine published in MB Mennonite country. I went to their site, and thought you'd like to check it out. http://www.geezmagazine.org/index.php
Geez Magazine has set up camp in the outback of the spiritual commons. A bustling spot for the over-churched, out-churched, un-churched and maybe even the un-churchable. For wannabe contemplatives, front-line world-changers and restless cranks. A place where the moon shines quiet, instinct runs mythic and belief rides a bike (or at least sits on the couch entertaining the possibility).
I wish I could get a hold of a copy!
Cheers!
Jen

Sheri said...

HEY U ... I think my subtitle should say "affectionately known"! nice little addition girl;)

SO....HAVE YOU HEARD yet???? I am coming to Calgary on Thursday! larry is flying me in for Street Invaders...woohooo... are you coming to Eston?????? I hope so!!! Drop me a line and let me know what you are up to! Can hardly wait to see my homeland. Perhaps I will kiss the ground. Something to look forward to watching! lol....

love ya