4.9.08


Reality is the consensus of what people think is right.
Some things are governed by common sense which is a matter of logic.
Society imposes on us a collective way of behaving...
...and people never stop to wonder why they should behave like that,
they just accept it.


Question:
Is wanting to be different a serious illness?

Answer:
It is if you force yourself to be the same as everyone else. It causes neuroses, psychoses, and paranoia. It's a distrotion of nature, it goes against God's lawas, for in all the world's woods and forests, He did not create a single leaf the sanme as another.
(italics: exerpt taken from Veronika Must Die)


(click the picture!)
"I'm going to do the things I wanna do, I don't have a thing to prove to you!"

My stringless thoughts...continued:
Wondering how cutting strings to anyone or anything would radically change the way in which we lived life! What if we really did stop to think about why and what we were doing. What if for a day we stopped to analyze everything we did - questioning why and who says so - attitudes/emotions/actions/habits/ - everything. What if we for a single day lived as though we were unconditionally loved and it didn't matter what we did or said - we'd still be rockstars in their eyes!
s
Wondering what it would be like if we really did do more of what we wanna do - without the dreadful emotion of fear. If you could do anything and knew you wouldn't fail, what would you do? What if we changed the way we thought just for a day and walked with absolute confidence we could do anything in the world we set our hands upon or envisioned... What would you do?
s
How different our lives would be if we took a moment to ponder 'perceptions' of ourselves, others and God. How different the world would be if we all thought less about ourselves and our weaknesses, and more about God and His truth!
s
I continue to ponder this mumbled jumble of random thoughts (or questions)... I'm seeing lifechanging concepts here... ;-)

3 comments:

JodyJ said...

Many thoughts raced through my head, what would I do without the fear of failure or maybe even hurting someone's feelings?
I think I would get rid of my poop eating, dirty dog with relief knowing my oldest son wouldn't disown me. I would tell certain people what I thought of their actions. I know you are talking on a broader scale, right know I guess these are the thoughts running through my head, actions I wish I could take, yet I fear the what will happen if I do. Good post.

doxasky said...

Wow...you've given a lot to think about. Way too much for the end of my lunch break. I'll be back.

WAUGDAI said...

Jod - no those are the thoughts I'm thinking too... A wee bit all over on these thoughts lately. Finding them very powerful when I allow myself to lay down fear and spat in it's face - as I attempt to do more...

Dox - looking forward to hearing your thoughts...