15.7.08

Well here's an update blog of random happenings:


I'm about to wrap up a couple days off... yep, only a couple. Still we remain in staff shortage - though it appears we're not alone, as everywhere I look this seems to be the norm. I'm looking forward to going back to rest...haha... well, rest from the house/yard work.


The yard is coming along amazingly... with no small shortage of hardwork being put into it:
I re-seeded the front lawn, weeded and replanted what was supposed to be a flower garden (1/4 of our back yard!), and then I rototilled the garden, emptied the compost (and refilled it again).
w
w
An amazing guy from saskpower came by to cut the trees out of the powerline. I must've caught him on a good day (Friday's are always good!) as he cut down more then the requirements and helped us cut back almost two whole trees. If you've ever seen our yard, you would know this was no small task!!
w
w
I finished sanding and painting the infamous inherited ugly wooden picnic set and rebuilt the bench chairs! I'm not a fan of the color (redish brown - more red then brown), but they look a thousand times better!
I was able to convince my roomie to dump the junk that she always seems so inclined to hold onto! What a feat! She is even beginning to see a difference with it all gone!
w
w
We were given some sod (for cheap) and we laid half the back yard around the firepit with new grass!!! Oh, it's slowly starting to look like a yard and not a forest. Little by little I work at this gigantic yard!!! Slowly... it's coming together. I'm very excited!!! We're going to do a little bit more (move the trampoline 1that is move the 1x17 foot trampoline, lay a bit more sod around it. That might be it for the backyard as we'll soon be having to start on the bathroom! Oh boy - a week without a toilet and shower is the anticipated time frame!
w
w
I'm having an in-home trial visit with Betsy. Betsy is a 6yr. old white and tan Basset Hound! She came from a family whom needed to say good-bye due to an allergy. The family had three small children (so she's great with kids), but six years is a long time and this could be a difficult transition. So we're trying it out for a few nights while I'm off.
w
I'm not sure yet... she's adorable - yes. However, as typical Basset Hounds are - she's a bit overweight. So running with her might just induce a heart attack? She apparently likes grass, as I'm looking over to watch her eat some...hmmm. Odd? Could save on gas for the mower though! Being six years old and another common trait of Basset's is they are very stubborn... already trying to get her to sit is difficult at times. So we'll see... If anything it's already shown me a few things I'd like to do in preparation for a dog: dog run, baby gate to keep her upstairs while away, and a thorough cleaning with some new organizing of areas in the house. So ya... she's staying for a few days anyways...haha.
w
w
I'm also very happy to say that Himey is back (my beetle). She's been fixed and it's all resovled. After much conflict and consulting three different mechanics to ensure it's livelyhood! I missed her and it feels fabulous to have her home. Sigh.
w
w
Soon I'll be preparing to go camping again... can not wait!! We're undecided as to where... we're trying out different locals in relative proximity to us. Which is very unusual for me, as I'm totally an all out Alberta camper!!!
w
w
Alright, so maybe not the most interesting blog, just full of ramblings for now, as I'm not yet finished trying to process all the rest... soon hopefully some clarity will be given.

3 comments:

JodyJ said...

I don't know if there is anything more enjoyable then relaxing in your backyard on a hot summer day. 'Kuddo's for you to get the yard done, I laid sod with Jay and my folks, not an easy task at all.
So what happened to Fido? Was he adopted?
Anxious to hear about the life changing decision.
Hugs

WAUGDAI said...

Fido is pending. Meaning he's on a trial home visit. I'm rethinking that decision - maybe I'm just scared of the responsibility... dunno.

doxasky said...

Wow...I bet the yard looks great! But one week without a toilet and a shower...yikes! Good luck to you.