7.1.07

A new year.. eh?
b
Listening and watching all around me various people attempting to make their resolutions of sorts... cynically wondering if they'll see success in those. I'm cynical for I've come to the conclusion that we are lazy people. I'd almost want to go so far to say we are so lazy it almost seems inherent within all mankind.
b
Self-reflecting: laziness has both lost me and got me into all sorts of undesirable situations. Laziness within eating rituals has previously caused me to fork out more cash for four sizes of change in figure. Laziness in activity has previously found results of sluggish feelings and hermitting. Laziness in relationship maintaining has ... well, let's just say it's found me in very unhealthy and mournful places.
b
However....Laziness - I kick your ass to the curb!
b
Lately, with each new day I've found myself slowing down to really do some self-reflecting, analyzing and even attempts at healthier lifestyle changes. I've begun to see new little joys within each day...something I haven't seen in some time. Though the implimenting of change in the beginning seems so difficult - I have to confess I am actually enjoying the results. If only.. well, if only could be ranted for many paragraphs. Let's just say it's been due time. Due time for many changes, however, self-reflecting can leave me almost depressed at the anxiety of all the work ahead. So for now.. I'll use the cliche saying; 'one day at a time'. One foot step at a time... can't run till you learn how to walk... okay I'm done. You get the point.
b
This particular new day has found me indulging in a new past-time of sorts.. if you could call it that... haha. Sit down folks cause you won't believe it... I've started a herb garden... Today is the first day I planted... "Lemon Basil" Now if all goes well this is what it'll look like... haha
b

Now it's only the beginning of my new herb garden. More will follow in it's path. I'm awaiting paint to dry on my new planter. haha. Tomorrow will come; oregano, mint, and chives... mmm. With the new found joy of cooking of late.. I look forward to our little herb garden and in the summer our real garden.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now, when I get out and about to visit, I expect a very tasty meal! Haha.